Sunday 27 March 2011

Planning my tasks

I organized myself well and decided to get my filming done very early so I had maximum time to edit my music video and so I wouldn’t be pushed for time close to the deadline. I enjoyed planning my task in the form of story boards. I was worried at first that I may not be able to find a dependable person to rely on for my filming but sure enough a friend helped me out and I could get going.

While planning my filming I decided that I would use many different shots and that I would film far more footage than I needed so I would have a lot to choose from. To film my main footage I used a camera that I borrowed from school after leaving a £5 deposit. I used my dad’s high quality tri-pod for steady shots and easy camera movement without making my footage look tacky and un organized.


I filmed my music video in the winter so it was hard to find any kind of decent weather which was irritating as my music video has a happy theme and the weather almost always helps to evoke the mood of the piece.


I asked my friend josh to answer a few questions about my video which I will upload in video form later on in my blog.


My teacher suggested that for the editing we should use a programme called ‘Final Cut Pro’ which was great and it helped me to be able to edit with ease, I could also use lip syncing techniques to give my video a really professional look. For my ancillary tasks I decided that I would use Photoshop on the Apple Mac because if I used this it would enable me to be able to chop and change my original photos to make them look brighter, higher quality, and just generally different.    

No comments:

Post a Comment