Sunday 27 March 2011

Evaluation

  • In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

    My music video challenges the conventions of real media products and existing videos by the fact that it is nearly all narrative. Most music videos have multiple band shots and a lot of lip syncing whereas I thought it would be more useful if I used a mainly narrative approach to my music video as it is someone carrying out their daily activities dressed up as a crocodile. However my music video also follows the conventions of real media products by the fact that there is a main character, decent film shots, continuity editing an easily identifiable story line. Both of my ancillary tasks follow the conventions of real media products by having one main image and a clear, bold masthead.


    My Album Case challenges the conventions of real media products by the fact that it has a fairly little amount of information, all i have used for the cover is about seven words and and the big beautiful main image.



    • How effective is the combination of your main product and ancillary texts?


    For my Ancillary tasks I believe there is a more effective combination between the poster and the music vid than the cd album case and the music vid. For the album case I have used a colourful picture of some flowers whereas for the magazine advert I have used a picture of the crocodile so it obviously links in better with the video itself. In a sense there is a great combination between by ancillary tasks and my main video because i believe the imagery and setting of my work all evokes the same theme, which would be pastoral country side kind of images for the most part. It also very obviously portrays the 'Fun' theme.





    • What have you learned from your audience feedback?


    I have learnt a great deal from my audience feedback, I have found out what specific people like what music and how many people like each genre. I have also learnt that I could have spent more time on planning my editing so I could have got my shots in a better order. Some of my friends said that my editing looked like it may have been slightly rushed and that I could have taken more time in deciding what I was 
    going to do with each shot and what meaning it would serve.


    I have also learnt from my audience feedback that i could have used a guitar aswell as a vocalist and a drummer in my music video main task. After showing people my poster many were curious as to why it was in black and white, but their questions were quickly answered and i am happy that i used this technique as i have said before i believe it helps with showing the true nature of my band. XTC. 




    How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?




    I used many different media programme's from photo uploaders to editting photos and videos. I greatly enjoyed developing and homing my skills at editing my music video as i can use these skills in later life for making compilations of various activities. I used a programme called Toast for uploading my video footage, this is the only programme that i actually had a distinct problem with as it was cutting out small bits of my footage so i had to re-shoot a couple of things which made continuity difficult. For my media project last year i used iMovie, this year however i used Final Cut Pro, i have now realised that final cut is simply a far more advanced programme where you are capable of many different effects suck as cartoon images and text to follow things around on screen. My favourite part of this assignment was definitely once i got editing. As i was putting all my footage together and lip syncing on final cut i realised that the project had all been totally worth it and i have also discovered an underlying love for media. I have used a video camera for a few interviews whilst evaluating my final piece and ancillary tasks, i am yet to upload the videos but this is because they are currently in the wrong format. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment